Ghostroaster.com is your #1 Skylanders resource on all Superchargers, Trap Team, Swap Force, Giants, and Spyro's Adventure news, plus detailed figures list and character information.
Skylanders Figure List
Thursday, 04 Jun 2015
Skylanders SuperChargers Officially Revealed!
Skylanders: Superchargers 5327 4
It’s official; the 5th annual release of the Skylanders franchise is called SuperChargers and its new innovation is Vehicles! We shall embark on an epic adventure over land, under sea, and through the skies to stop Kaos and save Skylands once again.
Official Skylanders SuperChargers “Buckle Up” Reveal Trailer:
- Video game
- New Portal of Power
- 2 Skylanders Superchargers characters: Spitfire and Super Shot Stealth Elf
- 1 Vehicle: Hot Streak
- 1 Collection Poster
- Release dates: September 20th in North America, September 24th in Australia, September 25th in Europe.
- Platforms availability: Xbox 360, Xbox One, Ps3, PS4, Wii U, iPad. A different version of the game will also be available on Wii and 3DS.
- Developper: Vicarious Visions, the team behind Swap Force, are working on the main version of the game while Beenox are working on the Wii/3DS versions.
- 20 new Superchargers Skylanders, 20 new Vehicles.
- A part of the new character roster are re-imagined famed characters from previous games such as Stealth Elf, Trigger Happy and Terrafin. The new iteration of these characters seems to have a new moveset and are more than just a Series 3 or Series 4 version that only has one additional ability.
- 3 different Vehicle types: Land, Sea, Sky
- Vehicles can be used by any Skylander.
- Vehicles appearance can be modified in game with different parts to boost their performance.
- All Skylander toys introduced since the first game are compatible, all characters can be played.
- About half of the game is played traditionally on-foot like in previous installments and the other half are Vehicles sections and races.
- Challenge your friends in combat races.
- New Online mode! More details announced later.
- Villains from Trap Team are not playable, but Trap toys unlock bonuses for Vehicles and Skystones cards. The new Portal of Power has a slot for Traps, but it does not have a speaker like the Traptanium Portal.
- A Digital Portal Owner’s Pack Version will be available. You can complete the game using preloaded digital “Instant” versions of Spitfire and Hot Streak without the need to buy a new Portal or physical toys.
Tell us your impressions of what has been revealed so far about Skylanders Superchargers, and enjoy these screenshots!
Thoughts on Skylanders: Superchargers?