Zap (Series 1) – Ride the Lightning!
Series: Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure
About Zap (Series 1)
Born into a royal family of water dragons, Zap was well known at court as a show-off swimmer and all-round mischief maker. He would most certainly have grown up to be king But one afternoon, young prince Zap found himself quite literally in deep water. A riptide had sucked him out into open ocean and beyond, to faraway shores. Soon, Zap found himself surrounded by slippery and shocking. A school of electric eels was swimming around him, spitting out sparks and sizzles.
Zap held out a wet foot to say ‘hello’ when… YEEOWWW! Well, his mother had warned him electricity and water don’t mix. The electric eels felt sorry for the unplugged youngster and decided to raise Zap as one of their own. To fit in, he even built himself an electric harness with an endless charge. Now, Zap can hurl a white-hot electric bolt the length of ten sheep fields.
Zap continued as a champ in the water and often left dolphins buzzing in his electrical wake. News of his swimming exploits soon reached the ears of Master Eon, who immediately signed him up.
Zap was born into the royal family of water dragons, but a riptide washed him to a distant sea, where he was raised by electric eels. Growing up, he excelled in everything and even created a special gold harness that allows him to carry an endless electrical charge and shock things at a great distance.
Zap also proved to be a gifted racer, outstripping any opponent… with the possible exception of the dolphins. With them, it became a good natured challenge to see who could keep up with Zap. But an electric current in his wake often reminded them who they were dealing with. Despite his mischievous streak, Zap grew to be a true protector of the seas and Skylands.
- Primary Attack: Electric Bolt
- Secondary Attack: Water Surge
- Upgrades: Electro-Slime, Mega-Volt, Wave Rider
Console Stats (Min. & Max Values)
- Health: 260 (max. 520)
- Speed: 50 (max. 98)
- Armor: 24 (max. 54)
- Critical Hit: 30 (max. 80)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 100)
- Strength: 30
- Defense: 65
- Agility: 70
- Luck: 65
Zap (Series 1) Packaging
Zap (series 1) is available in a single pack and triple pack (Zap, Hex, Dino-Rang), as part of the Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure release.
- “Ride the Lightniiinng!”
- “Ahhh, home at last!” – opening a Water gate.
- “Oh boy! Success!”
- “Hiiigh voltage!”
- “Poweeer Surge!”
- “Charging up!” – when checking stats
- “Oh, impressive numbers!” – checking stats
- “Very stylish. I like it!” – when given a hat
- “Oh, nice hat! Is it waterproof? Haha!”
- “It’s surfing time!”
- “Feel the electricityyy!”
- “Ha, excellent!”
- “Victory is mine!”
- Ahh, all that treasure!”
- “I’ll just slip on by!” – When opening a gate
- “Up high!” – When using a Bounce Pad
- “Yeeesss!” – When using a bounce pad
- “Zoom!” When using a bounce pad
- “A buzz with a name.” – when given a nickname
- “Oh, sensational choice.” when given a nickname
- Species: Water Dragon
- English Voice Actor: Jeff Bergman (2012)
- Zap is the successor of the his original incarnation, Cyclops Slime/Snail or Tarclops, a scrapped Skylander.
- He and Stump Smash can regain health in water with their Soul Gem abilities.
- During development, Zap was originally going to be without his electric gold harness.
More Water Figures
Zap (Glow in the Dark)
|Zap (Series 2)